Saturday, April 6, 2013

Avocado and Almond Rice

I am in the process of cleaning out my kitchen. Since I will be moving out of my apartment at the beginning of May, I am refusing to buy any sort of canned food, easy meals, bread, pasta, rice you name it. I am buying fresh veggies and that's it. I am making my way through all of the food I already have in my kitchen. That's why today, I created Avocado and Almond Rice. 

This is a delicious way to fill up on a small portion of food, it also makes bucket loads (if you want) so you'll have lunch for the whole week! If you're following my Wellness Diet this will replace your normal oatmeal breakfast (you can have a smoothie or yogurt with fruit instead). It will fulfill your salt cravings, your creamy cravings and your crunchy cravings all in one! 


You will need:
Brown rice, avocado, green onions, garlic, chicken broth/stock/boullion, toasted almonds. 

I'm sure you can guess how to cook this, if not, here's the run down: Cook your rice in the chicken broth, when it's done, add chopped garlic, green onions and avocado, mix until the avocado is mushed and incorporated into the rice like a sauce, top with chopped, toasty almonds. I think this would also be great with some dried herbs mixed in (Herbs de Provance?) 

It's pure yumminess in a bowl and with tons of healthy stuff.
Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Loving this look,Absolutely gorgeous you are!!!here is my loved blog,i think maybe you are love too:

    Queen Costumes

    Keep in touch,best wish for you.

    ReplyDelete