Sunday, November 11, 2012

Leather Leggings and Full Skirts

I love saying this:

I told you so. I've been saying since July 2011, that leather leggings were going to be HUGE, and they would stick around for a while. A year later, I am proud to announce they are barely at their peak. We used to only be able to find the $2000 butter soft Vince leggings, but NOW we can find them reasonably priced in places like Forever 21 and even Hot Topic. Don't worry, I checked them out and they don't come pre-safety pinned (thank God). If you buy a pair, I would recommend trying one of those places. I bought mine at American Apparel and am sad to say that the coating does not last long, giving them the unwanted 'distressed' look, which doesn't boast well when you're trying to pull them off as real leather. 

These are a very versatile piece, so I have gathered a few styling options for your copy-catting pleasure. 






I'll admit to my own miss on this one. I've just recently become awe-inspired by the details and simplicity and sheer versatility of skirts. I'm more of a 'fancy outfit with jeans girl, but I'm becoming so much more girly-- oh dear. So I did not call it on the new full skirt trend, sorry folks. However, I would like to add that our mothers must be SO proud. Let's make a pact girls, let's strive to leave something up to the imagination. As we have all heard before:

"Your dresses should be tight enough to show you're a woman, but loose enough to show you're a lady."
Edith Head






I hope this has given you some inspiration for daring and darling fall/winter trends.

Happy Styling! 
<3 b

No comments:

Post a Comment