Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Food Cravings

I've only been back in Pullman for a week and a half, but I am already missing some of my summer favorites. 

Thai iced tea and Athenian Chicken Gyros

The thai iced tea is easy. I was smart and stocked up on the instant stuff before I came back to Pullman, but you can probably buy it online at worldmarket.com I brew, add sugar, chill and add lime juice, it's the tastiest, most refreshing thing in the world-- I'm obsessed! 


The chicken gyros are a little bit trickier, but if you're willing to give 'em a try, here is my recipe. 
Boneless/skinless chicken breast
seasonings (dill, thyme, rosemary)
lemon
greek yogurt
hummus
avocado
cucumber
pita
tomato
lettuce
garlic

Rub seasoning, salt/pepper on chicken with some lemon juice and cook in olive oil with minced garlic. Mix together some greek yogurt, seasoning, lemon juice, garlic and chopped cucumber (this is your tzatziki sauce) Slice an avocado, lettuce and tomato. Warm your pita in the microwave or on a hot grill for extra flavor. Spread hummus and tzatziki on pita and assemble your gyro with chicken, avocado, lettuce and tomato. 

I never measure things, I just taste along the way. So if you're used to specific measurements and cook time, I'm sorry for not supplying them, I'm a trial and error kind of girl. 

this is not my picture

Happy cooking! 

b


No comments:

Post a Comment