Thursday, January 12, 2012

A change in the winds

Well my dears, it was quite the Christmas break. I had planned on posting regularly and instead worked 2 weeks with only 3 day's rest and the last week I spent running errands and mentally preparing for a new semester and new start. Due to academic reasons, I will not be finishing out my rowing season and thus have plenty of time on my hands! Most of which will be devoted to studying, of course; however, I intend on also spending it on my passion for design and styling.

I wanted to shed some light on the many things that I learned about life, and myself over this break.
Failure is the perfect learning opportunity.
Persevering through setbacks is what leads to success.
The better you look, the better you feel.
Stop worrying because it'll kill you, but it'll make you ugly first.
Choose to live what you love: my life is school, I hate school more than anything and I also hate my major-- DO NOT put yourself into this position!
Religion is a vessel for spirituality, the meaning in life is found through inner peace, if you find this with or without religion, great-- there's just no reason to start wars over it. Stop looking at the trail and look at the scenery.
TOLERANCE--- because we are all human.

And Now for the Styling Tip
Color-blocking and warmth:

Today it was 23 degrees when I went to class but I stayed perfectly warm without a bulky winter coat, here's how!

Navy blue long sleeve tshirt
Gray skinny jeans
Brown riding boots
Neutral short sleeved loose-knit sweater
Faux fur vest

Notice the color palette, it's varied but everything has the same tone, play it up with the color-blocking! 

1 comment:

  1. Aren't fur vests the BEST way to keep warm? It's genius. And totally just learned the whole "the better you look, the better you feel." I love it!

    ReplyDelete